Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sing Beyond this Fear of Tomorrow

Seeing Beyond The Fear of Tomorrow

“Tomorrow is a ferocious creature.
Tomorrow is your tormentor and you have glorified tomorrow.
Tomorrow is your greatest solace and tomorrow is your devil.
Past, present and future have always kept you captive.
When you love, you don’t love in the past.
You don’t love in the future.
You don’t love in the now.
You are blissful.
Bliss is timeless.
The mind cannot understand bliss.
You cannot have bliss with your mind.
The mind cannot understand timelessness.
It craves to find time.
Mind craves for that cage of time.
Most people are trapped in the past and they fear the future.
“Now” for them is a frantic moment of finding tomorrow.
That’s why even the great Jesus of Nazareth said:
“Think not of the morrow.”
If you carry thoughts of tomorrow you carry anxious thoughts.
Every time you find yourself thinking of tomorrow, check yourself.
Tomorrow is a ferocious creature.
Tomorrow is a monster.
Tomorrow is a mirage.
Your oasis in the desert of life is your timelessness.
Your bliss.
Where you live.
In your heart, everything is already done.
See it being done and it is done.
Then you can revel and enjoy time.
Then you can say “I had a GOOD TIME.”

-Tulshi Sen, Morning Talks, "Why Am I Afraid of Tomorrow?"

This beautiful paradox occupies my mind tonight as I realize yet again that my anxiety comes when I forget who I am. As I was listening to this audio earlier and immersed knee deep in digital art, I suddenly wanted to transcribe the words and soak in them for a while. Now I'm grinning on the inside and I don't feel like thinking beyond this moment. I close my eyes and send out this feeling to the Universe. I hear the pouring rain outside my window and the soft roll of thunder rumbling across the sky.

My oasis in the desert of life is my timelessness.
My Bliss.
Where I live.
In my heart, everything is already done.
I see it being done and it is done.

Love ripples out to every corner of the Universe.
The sky roars in celebration and jubilant tears.

I Am That.

Peace.

Ganga

No comments: