Friday, July 17, 2009

Have You Got Your Postcard from the Sun?

Postcard from the Sun

"Through the many faces of my life
I've been a daughter, a sister, a wife
Each full of love and great lessons taken in
Now it's time for a new chapter to begin

I want to find my own dream again
I want to break through these clouds of rain
straight to that bright shining sun
in the name of the One
I have my claim
I'm going to find my own dream again

I won't listen to what my country wants
I won't listen to what my family wants for me
'cause this heart is flying free
Straight to that bright shining sun
in the name of the One
I have my claim
where I live my own dream again

Oh i feel grateful for all I've learned
and for the people to whom I turned
Now like a river that flows to the sea
I let them all go now to their own destiny
while I follow that one light
blazing in me
I've got to find my own dream again

I want to find my own dream again
I know I'll break through these clouds of rain
straight to that bright shining sun
in the name of the One
I have my claim
I'm going to find my own dream again

I won't listen to what my country wants
I won't listen to what my family wants for me
'cause this heart is flying free
straight to that bright shining sun
in the name of the One I have my claim
where I live my own dream again

("Postcard from the Sun"- Lyrics, Ganga Fondan, 2009)

This song has been evolving these past 5 years as well. There were so many times when I thought that I would never figure out where I belonged. I had no idea what my dream was and if I even deserved to find it. But singing this song over and over filled my heart with courage again. It helped me to shed all the layers of trying to please everyone around me all the time. I wanted to feel the beat of my own heart. I wanted to internalize the freedom of the 4 Proclamations and stake my claim in the dream of my own making.

Now the time is coming. I feel a great transition is happening in my life. It is a great feeling of honoring the most sacred dream of all...the life I came here to live. The purpose I came here to fulfill. I begin to understand these things cannot be rushed. When the blossom begins to open, we know the reflection of the Vision has appeared. All of our dreams are real and waiting. We need to sing them alive and experience our unity. Only then are we lion-hearted and transformers of this world.

"Your vision is already in your heart, your Consciousness, the absolute where there is no time and space. This is the first creation. And it will unfailingly reflect in the mirror of existence, which is in the manifested world of the senses, the inevitable second creation. When you know this you will not in any way shape or form be concerned about the process of the second creation. This is the secret power of detachment." - Tulshi Sen

It is in these profound words of my Teacher that my song takes flight. Of course, years ago, the depth of what they meant completely eluded me. I only knew that I wanted to feel fulfilled and happy like I did with my Narayan. I knew that I wanted new experiences and sensations that would make the rest of my life rich and romantic. Singing these words over and over have carried me to a place of complete gratitude and have immersed me in a deeper wisdom of the Four Proclamations.

"Postcard from the Sun" embodies the idea that we see ourselves in the ideal already even though the clouds of circumstance don't reveal an inkling of manifestation to our 5 senses. How can we send a postcard if we haven't already arrived? Ahhhh don't ask the mind for the answer, appeal to the heart to show you the way.

Isn't it time you received a postcard from the dream of your own longing?
(Mark it: "Return to Sender") Tee Hee.

I greet the God in you and your journey!

Ganga

1 comment:

Cyndee Greene said...

Oh Ganga......once again...& over & over again...you move, you shake, you rattle, you roll (don't know where that one came from :)
So I must have your CD! You do have one right? I can't find it...
The words of your song, my heart has written.....
AND your words are perfect for a friend of mine, so I sent her a link.
I too feel SUCH a resonance EVERY single time I come here!!!
I DO wish you lived closer...AND I DO know that we will meet... sometime...the connection is uncanny.
You & your story are the most beautiful gift to the world! I wait w/ baited breath for each & every post.
Are you on Facebook? If not, it is something that you may want to consider...
MUCH Much Love & Light~
Cyndee