Friday, October 15, 2010

Dance My Heart and Create My World - October Logs

"Well I hear the music, close my eyes, feel the rhythm wrap around...

"Have you ever had a dream that you whispered to the sky
Have you ever wanted wings so that you could fly
Oh believe it will happen
What wonders you will see...
As all your dreams come to be

Well I wanted some relief from a lonely and confused youth
Just a little inner peace with the master of the truth
I believed it would happen
What wonders did I see...
As all the chains began to fall from me

Well I wanted to find love: share my life with a special man
A whisper from above said "Believe, believe you can..."
So I believed it would happen
What wonder did I see...
Well that man he found me

Oh believe in the power of your dreams
Life is seldom what it seems
Ask for all the glorious Grace
that you may see your Vision face to face

Then I dreamed a child would come
from the union of our love
just like a daughter or a son
from the Light that shines above
I believed it would happen
My Vision is so strong
That child lives in every song

Oh believe in the power of your dreams
Life is seldom what it seems
Ask for all the glorious Grace
that you may see your Vision face to face

Have you ever had a dream that you whispered to the sky
Have you ever wanted wings so that you could fly
Oh believe it will happen
What wonders you will see...
As all your dreams come to be"

© Ganga Fondan 2006, "Whispered DreamSong" (Lyrics)© Ganga Fondan 2007 Graphic art from Photo-shoot with dancer Indrani Margolin
Journal Entry: October 15, 2010
The mystic sage Sri Aurobindo once spoke about his famous work, "Savitri" and described a process whereby he felt himself repeatedly transformed while writing it and had to change it again and again over the years. He said it was a living arena which led him to higher levels of self-realization. This had a huge impact on how I wanted to experience the creativity that flows through me. These songs and artwork are carrying me to deeper levels of knowing myself and leading me to a place where I can grow and expand. This particular song began in my teens and has changed its shape many times lyrically and musically. It continues to urge me to go even deeper into the principles of experiencing my oneness with Consciousness. The ache rises again as the wind bends low to hear the calling of my dreams.


Journal Entry: October 31, 2010

Of man :
"God-man (nara-narayana) is thy definition, it is not a delusion but truth. In thee the infinite seeks the finite, the perfect knowledge seeks love and when the form and the Formless (the individual and the universal) are united love is fulfilled in devotion." - Rajjib, poet saint of medieval India
( translated by Rabindranath Tagore)

Reading this a few times today brought tears to my eyes. The simplicity of this insight embraces the entire human race and all its thousands of daily attempts to understand its purpose here. It embraces the precious glimpses of ecstasy that arises when the infinite pierces the shell of understanding. Selflessness, sacrifice, unconditional love mean nothing unless I can feel that connection wholeheartedly. Millions reach out to help in unknown lands yet forget their own neighborhoods. Many sacrifice in their neighborhoods and neglect their families. Many raise beautiful families yet are oblivious of their own dreams. Many fulfill their dreams yet do not know the whispers of their own hearts. Without love, without self-knowledge, the path to service is empty. Without the inner guidance, how can we become instruments of stillness, limitlessness and peace? Staring into the dancing flame of the candle on my table, my heart aches to follow that true compass and steer only by That.

2 comments:

Grace Purnima said...

Beautiful...thank you, I'm rendered speechless, mostly,however additionally I must say, I enjoyed the soulful journey you took me on, Ganga,with deep Love and Respect,Purnima

Susan Williamson said...

Your entries are always so special ...poetic, metaphysical and magical. Have a wonder 2011 Ganga.