Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Sound Mind Soars - September Logs

Being of Sound Mind

"The urge to stretch and move and soar
fills the clouds of thought once more
and strikes at once the heart to wake
to hear the music of its ache

The colors from beneath the skin
begin to twirl and shift and spin
until the body moves apart
expanding sound into an art

The song now rich with ear and eye
stretches arms across the sky
Beyond the realm of time and space
this goddess smiles and finds her place

Invoking all within the One
she bows before the rising sun
In silence It had called her name
to resurrect in Truth again"




© Ganga Fondan, "A sound Mind Soars"

(April 28, 2009,
© Ganga Fondan "That Thou Art - Series")

Journal Entry: September 16, 2010
More than 20 years ago, I could feel nothing but contraction and confusion. I ached to know where I belong and to know what I was meant to do with my life. My journey took me far to the other side of the country. Now I return to honor my dad's life and memory. Singing at his ceremony less than a month ago, I felt the abundance of my life journey. Amongst the sadness of the people, I felt a trust that my dad was light and free. His earthly life was not so, but now I could feel the release into a greater expansion. It was the same feeling that comes with deep meditation. The same sense of freedom I felt when my husband left this world many years ago. Now, there is a sense of assurance. We do not need to wait for the body to fall away. I feel overwhelming gratitude for my Teacher and the way of "Ancient Secrets of Success for Today's World". Day by day I experience new revellations of my soul, new songs and art expressions, new discoveries in the Goddess Self that reaches into Oneness and Unity with all. "My Consciousness is the Creator".

Steve Jobs expressed this so well : September 25, 2010:
Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire. They push the human race forward. Maybe they have to be crazy. How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art? Or sit in silence and hear a song that's never been written? Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels? We make tools for these kinds of people. While some see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."
(Steve Jobs, Apple Computers)



Journal Entry: September 27, 2010

"The river and the wave are one surf. what is the difference between the river and the wave? When the wave rises it is water. When it falls, it is the same water again." - Kabir
The exquisite words of the 14th century poet, Kabir pulsate through me today. I woke up today and watched the DVD of my dad's life which we made for his funeral (Celebration of Life). I watched all the pictures one by one. His babyhood, his boyhood, his awkward early years, his marriage to my mom, his children, his friends, ...his experiences which unravel like a storybook that could be read over and over. His life came out of the great Eternal and now has gone back to It. We spend our whole life studying and separating concepts that exist in a unity. In order to understand life, we forget our oneness with it. I watch the pictures one by one. His appearance changes slightly from frame to frame. Did he accomplish what he set out to do? When I close my eyes and try to feel him, I know he is free. I feel comfort in Kabir's words. I remember once when my Teacher's eyes twinkled as he said " Can you remember a time when you were not?" This makes me smile. I ask inside that I may accomplish what I came here to do. I open my eyes and see the blank screen. An unspoken voice echoes "the sky's the limit". I remember from "Ancient Secrets of Success for Today's World" that this river of life cannot go backwards nor can it feed off of the repeated memories of yesterday because true imagination is active and alive and takes us to places we have never been before. My Teacher taught me that "knowledge is the past and imagination is the future". I take out the DVD and put it back in its case. I wonder what story my own DVD will play some day. Again I hear the Unspoken Voice within "the sky is the limit."

Journal Entry: September 29, 2010
Tonight I feel like I spend too much time looking at the sky. I see the stars behind the dark clouds and forget the about the one blazing in my heart. My eyes and ears marvel at the accomplishments of others and forget to feel the call of the One who sings within. I feel a sadness tonight and it draws me inside again. I recognize the fear of failing. It's so subtle. Courage is coaxing me onward again.

Journal Entry: September 30, 2010
Oh my Heart, Lead Thou me onward... Let me follow my bliss...
"Obstacles are those frightening things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." - Henry Ford
"Imagination is more important than knowledge for knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand while imagination embraces the entire world and all there ever will be to know and understand." - Albert Einstein

No comments: