Sunday, July 29, 2012

Stretch Your Self and Feel the "Intoxication of Imagination" :

You See Things; and You Say, 'Why?' But I Dream Things That Never Were; and I Say, "Why Not?"  - George Bernard Shaw, "Back to Methuselah"


Dive unafraid into the Ocean of Consciousness
Know that every single thing 
Sings alive this WaterSong
Drown deeper and deeper into Trust
From every point in space
The resurrecting Power comes
Gives all that ever was
Or will ever be
Unconditionally
Not until our old skin loses its hold
Can something Divine and Profound
Arise
Dance free of the world of conditions
Embrace a New and Bolder Life
Than was ever known
Or ever imagined before


© Ganga Fondan, 2012

Journal Entry, July 29, 2012

You See Things; and You Say, 'Why?' But I Dream Things That Never Were; and I Say, "Why Not?"  - George Bernard Shaw, "Back to Methuselah"

All the things that can be explained in a world of rules remain limited.  If we believe in Eternity or Infinity, then how much stretching from beyond our mediocre daily thoughts does it take to truly feel free?  Yesterday   while trying to justify my art journey, (which one never needs to do BTW) I realized the most excruciating and exhilarating moments of my life are those in which individualized creativity dances in sync  with the Infinite Universal Creativity.  When a song or a piece of art glorifies that conscious connection, I feel turned on and "goosebumped", tears come to my eyes and there is for that time a complete feeling of utter Peace.  My Teacher used to call this feeling the "Intoxication of Imagination."  

When I feel worried about something or someone, again I turn to my understanding of what is Limitlessness.  In Love and Trust, a new image can be shaped and held in mind.  Though the old self wriggles and struggles and craves to find a solution in its memory bank, a New Self embraces courage and draws from a much larger canvas or sings ideals beyond any previously held aspiration.  My Teacher once asked us if we have ever seen a snake shed its skin.  It writhes around and thrashes about while desperately  rubbing itself against anything that will tear away the old and dying layer.  Underneath awaits a new life of resilience and rejuvenation.  

I meet so many people who feel trapped in their set ways.  Years of routine and judgments have closed their imagination to all great possibilities of how life can be.  I see the pain in their faces, hear their self-abnegation and feel their lack luster lives.  Maybe a loved once is sick, or a relationship is souring, maybe finances have bottomed out or failing health is a concern.  We all go through tremendous challenges.  How do we go beyond these?  If we can be courageous enough to sacrifice our limiting arena of thinking and look up at the infinite number of stars above and see ourselves not as one star, but as all of them at once.  Then we get an inkling of how great and mighty the Universal Possibilities can be.  Only then can we start to image the life we really want to design for ourselves.  Then, as my Teacher repeated to us over and over:

"We can think the thoughts we truly want to think and not the thoughts we don't want to think."  

No comments: