Wednesday, June 20, 2012

First Came Art, Then Came Science to Explain Art.- Tulshi Sen

"There is No Death, Only A Changing of Worlds." - Chief Seattle


What does my heart yearn for and burn for in the fire of life?
What lush hope still flushes through my mind
in joyous tides of watery imagination?
Will something of this journey continue to shine
long after the dance out of form and flesh?
Shall some soaring thoughts
still ride the winds of moving time
to unleash unanswered questions
in a multitude of songs and stories?
Will some essence of my experience 
continue to thrive on this spinning rock?
Or will my legacy simply be 
bits of bone
fallen petals
shells broken open?


© Ganga Fondan, 2012 


Journal Entry: June 20, 2012


Flipping through a massive book of the life and art of Vasily Kandinsky, waves of delight seared through me as I was no longer at a bookstore, no longer on planet earth and floated somewhere in a globule of colorful paint splashing across the many canvases of a great explorer.  Each page seemed to be the size of my bathroom mirror and I could clearly see a journey into shape form, movement and color.  The further my desire "to express from within" takes me, the more elated I feel to study the ideas of other visionaries.  It pleases me now to read what other artists experienced and to have an opinion and say "I don't agree with that" or "yes I can totally understand that."  Isn't that the whole point of the arts: to first express freely and then hold up our creations against the light and let them speak to us and teach us about ourselves?  Further perusing this fascinating collection of art, Kandinsky's words repeated:

"Everything starts from a dot."

So simply stated, this sentence rolled around in my head walking home, it echoed over and over while cooking my dinner and flashed like a neon light as I was about to close my eyes to sleep.  Turning on the light again, I sat upright and reached for my notebook.  I almost had to laugh as I wrote down the words:

"Everything starts with a .com ..."

I drew a circle under these words and remembered something my Teacher once wrote:

"The center is the cause of the circumference.  Without the center it is impossible to have a circumference.  In the same way, your thoughts will reach out to generate, with all the power that ever was or will be in the Universe, and radiate your thought into manifestation as seen by you in the center, Your Absolute, your In-Visible world."

Every business, every art piece, every song, every life is created from this center dot.  The dot within the dot continues on and on and on. From these dots is woven the fabric of all of our lives. Magnificent blossoming from perfect Law.  Immediately I felt like drawing and playing with my digital canvas.  I thought of Kandinsky and my journey began from a single dot once more.  By the time this piece was finished, the birds were singing in the new day.             



      

No comments: