Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Consciousness Creates My Reality

"Be quiet still and solitary.  The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked.  It has no choice.  It will fall in ecstasy at your feet." - Franz Kafka


Tomorrow I will draw another fence around my life
And call it being another year older
As every morning the dogs of self-judgment will snarl
I cannot ever remember waking to a feeling of not dreading
That I might be wasting time
Blinded by my pre-occupations
Totally self-absorbed
But after a while
The critical moment passes
When once again I ask for an abundant day
Guided by ecstatic poets and painters and singers
To leave their mark on my thoughts
For generosity to open the heart
With whispers echoing everywhere
“Follow your bliss”
My head bows at the feet of the Creator
Canvas ready
Guitar poised
Pen in hand
Silence floods my senses
The elation comes
To once again proclaim:
“I Am That I Am”
© Ganga Fondan, 2012

Journal Entry April 24, 2012
It has taken years for me to realize that thoughts can be fine tuned, transformed, deleted out  just like the words on this page.  It is a gift to realize that we are not the mind, but rather the mind is for us to fine-tune like an instrument.  We are something much more than this.  Thoughts come and go.  The world has its shower of thoughts raining over us and when we are aware of this, we can pick and choose what to keep and what to discard.  Thoughts help us to travel with the imagination to places we have never gone to before.  When it becomes overwhelming to deal with the emotions that come with some ideas, then we can slow everything down and focus on a single concept.  There are those ancient sages, musicians, poets, visionaries who have left us their legacies of mastering the mind.  They have taught us that the key to a fulfilling life is not to be found in the mind but in the realm of the heart.  They have guided us to shape words and images toward that purpose of exploring the mysteries of the ennobled feeling heart.  The masters have taught us the essentials are humility and trust in an Intelligence beyond the one we know.  In silence, this Intelligence expands us and guides the mind to accept oneness with the Creator.    

"Be quiet still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked. It has no choice. It will fall in ecstasy at your feet." - Franz Kafka






No comments: