Saturday, March 31, 2012

Enter Into "The Substance of Things Imaged"...

"Faith is the substance of things imaged; The evidence of things not seen" Hebrew 11-1

Stepping toward the precipice
I know that Light which holds my hand
Moving toward all that I have never known
Dancing with the images of my heart
Images that ever sing to me

I know the Light which holds my hand
Ready to dissolve into all that ever was
Eager to leap into that which calls me
Disclosing Unity everywhere

I know the Light that radiates within
Holding onto everything I believe
Shaping it into all I will ever believe
I know the Light which holds my hand

It gently leads me to the Real
© Ganga Fondan, 2012

Journal Entry March 31, 2012
What is security? We hear it all around us all the time. Job security, feeling secure in a relationship, "Old Age security"...etc. The other day a young friend of mine was deciding what career she should choose because chances are her husband will die young and she will need money. She is in her mid twenties. For a moment, I felt sad for her and reminded her not to forget what her heart yearns for. Love does not calculate. If we want to live a life of joy and enchantment, then we must not forget the power of love and its possibilities. What is this capacity within us to imagine and get excited about being in love or finding the work of our dreams? The truth is that in all of our calculating and scheming to be secure, we forget the aching inside ourselves to solve this mystery. We forget to listen to our own songs inside. We miss the great masterpieces of poetry that yearn to be released through our own direct experiences. Of course none of these expressions will save us from loss or keep us from experiencing the pain that sometimes comes when we forget who we are...but they will lead us back to something profoundly greater than our limited understanding of the human experience.
"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need." Tao Te Ching
"We get what we are, not what we want." - Tulshi Sen, Mehfil Magazine

No comments: