Saturday, January 16, 2021

Atoms Cannot Socially Distance


 

I’m standing in a long line outside the post office

Eager to mail a greeting card to my mother

My nostrils draw in the crisp winter air

And release miniscule pieces of a faint song

Resonating softly inside the temple of my heart

It’s another of the many soul promptings

Urging forth the voice of the Dreamer

The greatest advocate of Light

Ever dancing in the the first octave of Life

Setting free tides of Consciousness

Against the shores of a world mind

Which has forgotten its cosmic origins

 

Slowly the line moves forward…

 

I feel the waves penetrating old residual energies

As the innermost voice gets louder and clearer

Aligning the fifty trillion cells of my body

Electrical impulses animate the blood

With goosebump effects on my skin

From beneath my boots the earth shoots up

A cool wind pushes against the back of my coat

Reminding me that the origin of the melody

Is not caught in the confines of the flesh

But illuminates the Song of Life

From every point in space

Beyond all human intelligence and power

 

While most of the people in front of me stare at their cell phones…

 

My eyes seal shut to revel in this private rapture

Taking my mind beyond the world of alluring distractions

Inviting me to follow what the fifty trillion already know

The spinning ball of earth and water hold the rhythm steady

While flashes of magnetic fire and heat move in graceful intimacy

Reassurance drenches all the suspicious and thirsty places

Each speck of anxious resistance burns in this sweet surrender

Deep and dark attachments to anything restrictive is set ablaze

The song rises above the wintery city and beyond nations and borders

Bursting through a million galaxies of starbursts and silence

Where  birth and death are only notes on a scale that never ends

Creation calls through its infinite instruments to keep playing

 

My eyes open just in time to see the man behind the glass motioning me to come in…

 

The dancing atoms cannot keep themselves six feet apart…

 

The man and I nod kindly to each other as I enter the building

 

 

 

No comments: